View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 02:03 PM   #9
lyemi123
lyemi123 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm001 View Post
I got it! The directions on that download site say "download the gapps file here" and it had a long filename.

After reading 11 pages of posts, i found it in case anyone else runs into it. You have to rename BOTH files.

So, you download the allmine file, extract that, and name it "update.zip"and put it on a FAT (not FAT32) formatted 1 gig drive. Then you rename the long gapps file and just shorten it to "gapps.zip"

Some tips I compiled:

Use a 1gb usb or sdb my 500mb didnt seem to work

Some people renamed the FIRST zip file without extracting and renaming the zip file INSIDE the first file.

Others not familiar with hidden file extensions sometimes accidentally named it "update.zip.zip" with the second .zip hidden due to windows.

Mine only updated when i had power plugged in, since i fixed the gapps file name, it might be a coincidence but it might help.

Last, someone said if you hold it on your lap, the buttons might not be depressed all the way. I put it flat on a table, and held both, THEN I hit power, and I held both until i got the updating screen.

Maybe you can try only renamng gapps file and see if the rest matters.

Let me know if it works for you.

I've done all the above and was still unable to update my device to allmine (even though I had been able to update it to allmine previously). I made sure to unzip and rename the necessary files as instructed and double checked to make sure nothing was ".zip.zip" (I have my PC set to show file extensions, so this is not a problem for me). Since I'm at school right now, I don't have any access to any other flash drives (unless I go out and buy some more this weekend) and the one that I do have is 1 g FAT formated (and reformating doesn't seem to make a difference, I've tried several times reformatting as FAT and FAT32). I would try my 2g micro sd card, but it's having an issue where it doesn't want to let me write files onto it at the moment. I've tried holding the buttons for over 5 minutes and the device just keeps restarting and never showing me the update screen.
lyemi123 is offline   Reply With Quote