View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 07:45 AM   #60
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I don't care if they go beg for money on the street instead of write books. If they want to make exclusive deals that are not good for the customer, they don't deserve to sell. Anyone who signs an exclusive deal is not doing so for the good of customers. Amazon is the worst one for this. If B&N is also doing it, then that's just as bad. But really, when is exclusive good for everyone who reads? It's not. Not ever.
i don't know why exclusivity is such a dirty word, it has existed in some form since the inception of exchanging money for goods.

i'm a consumer, i'm fine with amazon. i shop there because they have good prices and an amazing selection. personally i wouldn't spit on B&N if they were on fire, i think their selection, both instore and online, frankly sucks. its useless to me. amazon is a much more valuable brand.

i hate to paint with a broad brush but what i'm picking up is a sense of entitlement from amazon haters. youre simply not entitled to buy whatever you want from wherever you want. thats not how business works. amazon is a business, they need to do the right thing for their stockholders, increase the perceived value of the brand and make a profit in order to bring in more goods, and so on and so forth. its called competition. if everybody had the same stuff at the same prices, why would anyone else bother getting in the game? instead of 1 company being great they'd all be flat and boring with no incentive to do better or provide more valuable goods.

i don't know what else to say other than simply go without.

it seems hating amazon has become the hating walmart of the literatti lol. everybody needs a "bad guy" and i guess i just dont understand it.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote