View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 01:04 PM   #43
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
No, that is very inaccurate I don't even know where he got this info from, I've never heard of such comments.

Because the nook books off of the SD Micro Card by default it makes bricking the nook virtually impossible. Also developers have created bootable images that auto root your device. It's called autonooter and the process is very easy to do. The hardest part is making a bootable images, and those instructions are in detail.

The nook has proven to be a viable tablet and as such has gotten developers from the market to make updates to their apps to play nice with the nook.

Also here is the dev community to the nook color
http://nookdevs.com/Portal:NookColor
You will see it is quite active, even more so than the cruz, and PocketBook.

=X=

I was watching Android Atlas on Cnet last night and they made a quick refereance to how the nook color has been like this android community little dream like pet project ( I'm paraphrasing)

it's got quite the cult following from the Android community