View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007, 11:02 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by d10sfan View Post
One, how does the mobipocket books look on the cybook? I have a sony reader (cant use it though 'cause the battery died) and its books look very good on it.
They look great!

Quote:
Two, how do the other formats look? I have had a problem with trying to read pdfs on the sony reader (namely it doesent work very well). Does the cybook do it better?
No. You will never be able to read an A4/Letter PDF well on a screen with only 1/6th the area. This is a limitation of the PDF format, not the reader.

Quote:
Three, how does the battery life compare to the sony reader?
You can't do a direct comparison, because the two machines use their battery in very different ways. The Sony, as you know, runs constantly, and needs recharging something like every 3 weeks, pretty much regardless of how you use it.

With the Gen3 you can choose whether to leave it on - in which case the battery will last 4-5 days - or turn it properly "off" at the end of a reading session, in which case it will use no battery power between reading sessions. Personally, I turn my Gen3 off at the end of a session, and the few minutes a day I have it connected to USB are sufficient to keep the battery at 100% charge.

Quote:
Finally, whats the selection of new books compared to the sony reader? Do publishers still publish in mobipocket format?
Mobi is by far the biggest eBook publisher - hugely wider range of books than in the Sony store.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote