View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 05:58 PM   #18
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
If I am remembering correctly, Sameer told us, shortly after 1.4 was released that it was the toughie--and that they did not anticipate that further updates would have similar problems. I also got the sense that they did not think 1.4 would be as difficult for people to do through the desktop application, though it seems to me that firmware changes and software changes are two very different things.

I've done my share of bios flashes on PCs. Usually they go well, but then again, not always. And does anyone remember how weird it used to get to install a new driver? I guess I am spoiled at this point what with my software updating itself willy-nilly and only needing me to uncheck the box that would let it install yet another toolbar.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote