View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 08:27 PM   #132
sn2002bt
sn2002bt began at the beginning.

Device: Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtq View Post
I have an Aluratek Libre shipped with firmware v0.14e patch v13 about a month and a half ago.

Currently I have the Libre flashed with Chinese firmware v0.44 M218B from the jcnip.com site. I could not find any Aluratek ebook firmware from Aluratek site before I did the flash but had downloaded the Jetbook firmware just in case.

I also went check the Aluratek site from time to time after the flash thinking it is better to have an Aluratek firmware backup. A couple of weeks ago I downloaded an Aluratek ebook firmware v0.15e with the bin file dated Nov 16 2009 file size 28,705 kb. The current Aluratek firmware at the Aluratek site is v0.15h with file size 31,535 kb plus the one page PDF instruction. The v0.15e is smaller and did not come with instruction.

These firmware downloads does not contain release notes about what has been changed, fixed or enhanced so we don't know if Aluratek added the "anti-cross-dipping" protection in v0.15e or v0.15h or simply fixed bugs in v0.15e.

Since I need the Chinese firmware functionality to read those Chinese ebooks in the proprietary format I have never tried to install the Aluratek v0.15e firmware. If any of you want to try v0.15e I'll see if I can find that.

The wishful thinking is the Libre v0.15e firmware does not check if the original firmware/other hardware signature is Aluratek and it can be applied to a Jetbook/Aluratek hardware with either a Jetbook or Libre v0.14e firmware, once the reader has Libre v0.15e firmware it can be upgraded to v0.15h. Similarly to migrate back to Jetbook firmware, first apply (maybe downgrade) Libre v0.15e, then apply the Jetbook firmware. I have no plan to change the Chinese firmware on mine now but think it might work for those who couldn't get back to Jetbook firmware (the big IF is whether Libre v0.15e checks for Aluratek signature).

My God, how did you flash Libre to Chinese firmware? Please illustrate in detailed step? My Libre doesn't read the Chinese firmware 044 file which you used at all, even after I changed the name to aluretek standard firmware name. Please tell me how you achieve this? Thanks.
sn2002bt is offline   Reply With Quote