View Single Post
Old 10-07-2020, 01:28 PM   #935
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by phossler View Post
I have a calibredb VBS script to copy my database epubs to a single folder in KFX format. Everything works fine unless there's a series. Then there's an extra space that comes from somewhere and messes up the titles in the Kindle index/home page.
The template that you provide in the "calibredb export" command only affects the filename produced. It has no impact on the metadata contained within the exported KFX file. That is controlled by "Preferences", "Metadata plugboards" in the calibre GUI.

Look at the plugboards settings and see if anything there can explain what you are experiencing. If you want to post what you have set there, I can take a look at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phossler View Post
I didn't know any way to view KFX metadata, so this was the best I could do
If you install the KFX Input plugin you can then view the metadata of KFX files using the calibre CLI command "ebook-meta".

Last edited by jhowell; 10-07-2020 at 01:39 PM.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote