View Single Post
Old 09-18-2019, 03:36 PM   #13
DomesticExtremis
Addict
DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: default
OK so I looked again with very bright light and high magnification and can see no obvious cracks in the screen. I took the motherboard out from the back and can see the edge of the screen rear. Along the long edges there are two lines on a shallow diagonal - they looked like cracks, but I think the may be embedded conductor paths because there are tow of them and they are too straight to be glass cracks - I would expect those to be curved.
Anyhoo, a new screen looks to be around £45 from China and I have seen that hey are often delivered damaged. I'm not sure I want to spend that much, wait for weeks and risk getting a dud only to find that the screen I have is no worse or it is not the screen at fault.
I did some probing around with a mulitmeter and see the battery at 4.1V, a power rail at 3.3 (beyond some kind of regulator circuitry and at the power switch) a 1.1 volt rail on a test point near some other chips and around 13V at the frontlight connector. Which kind of implies that at least some of the hardware is alive and kicking.
I'm beginning to think I need to get very technical (before giving up), so I'll start a new thread in the developer section.
DomesticExtremis is offline   Reply With Quote