View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 05:16 PM   #1
DomesticExtremis
Addict
DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: default
Screen frozen on refresh, unrespnsive

Hi there, my Kobo aura H2O froze up when 'returning to articles' from a Pocket article. The screen was in mid refresh and is now mostly in inverse video. The touch screen is no longer responsive. Sleep or power down does turn off the backlight, but does not update the screen. Wake-up/power on brings the backlight back on, but nothing else. The LED in the switch comes on constantly initially, but then starts flashing.
It seems it is a least trying to boot but then giving up part way through.
The pinhole reset does the same thing.
The Kobo does take a charge too nor has it been dropped or dunked, so I'm thinking this is not a hardware fault.
Looking at similar threads it appears it may be a failing SD card.
I have no back up, so I hope not.
I thought I might try disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it might jump start the whole machine, but after that I'm out of ideas.
Either way, it looks like I'll have to crack the thing open. It will lose it's waterproofing but I don't read in the shower anyways.

If anybody has any other suggestions or things I might try, they would be welcome.
DomesticExtremis is offline   Reply With Quote