View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 07:58 AM   #19
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Firstly I don't have any issues with missing plugins or email addresses (I don't user that calibre feature).

I upgraded from 3.41->3.41.1->3.41.2->3.41.3->3.42->3.43->3.44->3.45->3.45.1->3.45.2->. The releases I skipped are struck out and grey.

I notice I have several pairs of [xxxxx.py + xxxxx.py.json], and [yyyyy.pickle + yyyyy.pickle.json].

Attachment 172417

Should I have both?
As Kovid said, it is normal and you can delete the .py files now. But...

Kovid changed the way these preferences were stored in 3.41. This converted the .py files to .py.json. Once that was done, the conversion isn't done again and the .py files are ignored. All the versions up to and including 3.44 did this correctly. That means if you installed any version in the 3.41 to 3.44 range of version, everything is OK. But, if you skipped directly to 3.45.x, the conversion of the .py files to .py.json could be wrong and the options will probably be reset to the defaults. It depends on exactly what was in the .py files. The driver configurations will all be affected. I don't know about the other files.

One warning is that the conversions are done as needed. You need to actually use calibre for the conversions to happen. Just installing one of these versions of calibre won't convert the files.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote