Thread: Clara HD Do you prefer EPUB or KEPUB?
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2018, 01:00 PM   #40
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by haydnfan View Post
If you could provide me with a link to a free epub that allows one to change line spacing and has a small footer, I would very much like to see what a well formatted epub looks like on the Kobo.
Here's "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes" from Project Gutenberg. I downloaded the epub without images. This particular book has forced formatting that doesn't allow me to set margins as narrow as I prefer, but it's not bad, and it allows the line spacing changes. And I could change that easily in Calibre before sending the book to the reader. The screenshot is line spacing set at the narrowest.

Here's 3 screenshots from the current book I'm reading (not public domain), showing the narrowest, the midway point on the slider, and the widest line spacing settings. This is also how I prefer my margins narrower as well, but I prefer the narrowest line spacing as set in the first image.

On this particular page the page number is slightly wider than usual, but that's only because of the font size selected. Another line at that size won't fit on the page. Depending on the font and size selected, the text can go down to just above the page numbers, making the line for the page numbers very low. Someone already mentioned about orphans and widows... depending on what you set yours at, it could be forcing more blank space above the page number than what my reader is showing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Public Domain.png
Views:	343
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	165036   Click image for larger version

Name:	Smallest.png
Views:	295
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	165037   Click image for larger version

Name:	Midway.png
Views:	306