View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 05:43 PM   #11
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Amazon don't say that the charge is for data delivery. And I agree that Amazon are still charging it whether you opt for Whispernet delivery or not.

But the coincidence of $1.99 being charged for delivery outside home country, and the $2+VAT being added to book prices for countries outside the US is too much for me.

Amazon know that if they listed it as a data delivery charge, the Kindle would lose one what they consider its most attractive features - free and easy download without use of a computer.

So they just bundle it in the price, assuming that most people won't notice - after all, the ordinary consumer won't know what price the books are in the US store.

But I really object. So I've moved back to my apartment in Denver, and I download to my computer. (As otherwise I'd get charged $1.99 for downloads outside the US.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The charge does not appear to be for data delivery - it still applies even if you transfer the file via USB.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote