View Single Post
Old 06-19-2006, 05:00 PM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Close-ups of HanLin V8 e-book reader posted

Roland "CommanderROR" Rohde and TaKir managed to take a few close-up shots of the HanLin V8 e-book reader, which is, as some of you may not know, the Chinese equivalent to Sony's forthcoming Sony Portable Reader. The HanLin is also based on E Ink with similar specs such as a 6-inch 800x600 display with four grey scales. It has a Li-ion 760mAh battery that's supposed to be sufficient for 10'000 page turns.

As you can see from the screenshots, presentation of HTML content is still somewhat problematic - I noticed that line feeds are not always properly translated. Roland is also pointing out ghosting effects (which was already an issue with first-gen E Ink devices such as the Sony Librie). I personally cannot detect those here, but why don't you decide for yourself. Edit: Follow the thread for more screenshots added by Roland and TaKir, which (unfortunately) clearly depict that there is a slight after-image on the screen, even in the case of the more advanced E Ink display of the iRex iLiad.

Finally, I am not a great fan of the console font, which shouldn't be a problem though if the HanLin software supports other fonts as well (confirm?).
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote