View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 11:24 PM   #23733
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Yes. I remember, full well (and it's been--wait for it--dog's years since I went through this) the last female I had in heat inside a house, and what an agony it was. The screaming alone (and, of course, she was a Siamese) drove me bats.

I don't envy you, KK. How is it that you ended up with a Savannah that, apparently, belongs to someone else, in your house? I mean, she's obviously not a rescue, given her breeding; did you sign a contract with her breeder that agreed to give her this type of control?

With our MC's, I actually had to sign a contract stating that I wasn't going to breed them (this was about price), because the pricing for them to breed was higher than as pets, for the same cat. Given I have zero interest in adding to the (already horrible over-abused/dumped/etc.) cat population, regardless of any perceived "gains" vis-a-vis selling kittens, I was happy to sign it. These were our first "boughten" cats in years, as the rest had been rescues, either from rescue shelters or literally rescued-by-us cats. Our previous purebreds had been some decades ago.

Hitch
No, she belongs to me, well the dog might have an opinion on that. The breeder was trying to keep her options open with the possibility of bringing an outside Male in. As a former dog breeder, I can appreciate options.besides, the possibility of being left with a5 to 10k kitten as a fee isn't hard to swallow. I do think though that we need to sort this this calendar year. It's kind of like childbirth. You forget how horrible it is until you're in the moment.

Edit due to phone issues... The forgetting of the agony of childbirth and cats in heat and the resultant cuteness of humans and kittens is probably the only reason both species have not died out

Last edited by kindlekitten; 04-03-2014 at 11:27 PM.
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote