View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 10:32 PM   #1
cypherslock
Groupie
cypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Vox
Question Best Kindle Fire HD 8.9 alternative for Canada

So, I liked the looks of the 8.9" Fire HD from Amazon. Problem is, it ain't available from the Amazon.ca store and amazon.com won't ship it to a Canadian address, which means I need a US address (I have this but would rather avoid the potential for them cancelling my order as it's www.shipito.com).

Aggravating that we seem to be 15 years behind the rest of the world in things like media and telecom.

Having said that, what would you all recommend as an alternative? I don't need LTE but would like Wifi, the option to have Netflix/zinio/kindle app/kobo app. Build quality is important and one of the reasons this time out I'm staying away from the Kobo Arc...I just didn't like the feel. And then there's battery life and of course screen resolution, perhaps the ability to expand memory via card and screen quality.

I'm not so much looking at this to do work on (that's what the laptop is for).

I really could use some advice here.
cypherslock is offline   Reply With Quote