View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 05:25 PM   #76
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
For me, price is the first consideration and format a distant second, so if I can borrow a selection from library I won't even consider buying the ebook. Similarly, if the library doesn't have it and the pbook on Amazon marketplace or ADE or Alibris is cheaper than the ebook, they'll get my business.

It's not because I don't buy books, because I do. Frequently. But that's mostly so I have a selection on hand to meet my reading whims or because I can't get a book I especially want to read from the library.

I don't need or want to buy books to have any more, ebooks or pbooks. It'll be the rare book I'll reread, so what's the point? I already have shelves upon shelves of old favorites, which desperately require culling. But that's not an argument in favor of ebooks, since the same result can be achieved, when I end up buying a cheap pbook, by dropping the book off at the library when I'm done with it. They can sell it and get a buck or two.

Ebooks have gotten too pricey. I'd rather not spend the money on them when the same content can be obtained by a stroll through one of the libraries I patronize. I prefer to read on my devices, but not at the premium current ebook prices mandate.

ETA: I picked up Remains of the Day at the library yesterday.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote