View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 01:53 PM   #195
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
You restrict what books a user can see using the 'restrict_display_to' configuration variable. In your case it would be an array. For example, something like the following would work for three people: admin, kid1, and kid2. My assumption is that #accesscol is a multiple-item text column, which permits any given book to have multiple access rights.
Code:
$config['restrict_display_to'] = array('admin'=> '', 'kid1' => '#accesscol:=kid1', 'kid2' => '#accesscol:=kid2');
You can use any search as the value for array cell. The empty search means 'no restriction'. This server does not support using calibre's saved searches, so you will need to enter the search expression.
Thanks! Would the following work?
Code:
$config['restrict_display_to'] = array('admin'=> '', 'user1' => '#user:=all or #user:=user1', 'user2' => '#user:=all or #user:=user2');
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
I haven't implemented the ability to browse but not download. It wouldn't be very hard, but I wonder about the use case. Is there a strong reason to give someone access to metadata without access to the underlying formats?
Strong reason, not really. Although, it would certainly be nice to have (e.g. guest account or when I want to browse my collection using a public computer).

P.S.
Special request, would it be possible to add a configuration for preferred book name? For example, instead of Artemis_Fowl___Eoin_Colfer.epub, you can set it to Eoin Colfer - Artemis Fowl.epub ({author} - {title}). If that's too much hassle, even retaining the default calibre name of Artemis Fowl - Eoin Colfer.epub would be fine, too. Thanks!

Last edited by ilovejedd; 02-14-2012 at 03:13 PM.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote