View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 12:33 AM   #8
AdrianM
Connoisseur
AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: nook, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
the irony is the reasons why I love the Nook are the very ones you stated you didn't like
Ah, the fanboys have arrive.

Quote:
First off i have to ask, did you do any research in the Nook before you bought one? I find it hard to believe all the things that shocked you, color touchscreen navigation, that whole huge whopping, whale of a 12oz. it weighs, Wooo I can't imagine people used to read hard covers at well over a pound. 'Suckers".
Yes, I did do some research. The weight/form factor are things which aren't so easy to visualize but as I said previously, not really a deal breaker, just a little surprised. Remember, I wrote that initial post for people like me that were investigating a new purchase and perhaps didn't realize how bad the reflections are or how awful the touchscreen GUI is; btw, I own an iPhone and my wife a HTC HD2 so I know how good a well design touchscreen system can be.

Quote:
I don'tl know I know not every e reader is for everybody, they are alot of people that love the Kindle, me, I don't lke it at all. I think its ugly, I think the naviagtion is very antiquated.
It's a freaking book reader for crying out loud. I really couldn't care less if it looked like the back end of a bus as long as it's functional, practical and is not intrusive when reading.

Quote:
Color touchscreen navigation is a gimmick? Ummm the tech. is here to stay, that would be like me saying the touchscreen smartphone is a gimmick.
See above.

Quote:
I don't get that complaint at all.

So my guess is you are either a Trojan troll for Kindle 3 or just bought something totally untouched, unresearched and unseen. Your complaints are odd for someone who would have done any sort of research.
Well, wrong on all counts. I was a little optimistic possibly and unfortunately I gave too much credit to fanboys that, like you, lauded it as being the best thing since sliced bread without being objective in any way about its obvious weak points. Just one YouTube of the reflection issue of the screen border would have been enough to dissuade me but I never saw one - I am considering making one though to help others make a choice who also may be very sensitive to this kind of phenomena.

Quote:
Oh well.

and yes I love my Nook and would give it one of my kidney's if it needed one
Did I say "fanboy"? Get some perspective dude, it's only a book reader for christ sakes.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote