View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 08:41 AM   #360
Andsetinn
Andsetinn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Andsetinn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Andsetinn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Andsetinn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Andsetinn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Andsetinn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Andsetinn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Andsetinn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Andsetinn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Andsetinn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Andsetinn knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: none
I have the same flashing issue as CeramicHammer.
I used Kubrick 3.4. I charged my Kindle 3 Keyboard 3G for 3 days on wall outlet before flashing (on my phone charger, but it works on my other Kindles). The orange light goes out after few hours of charging but I newer get green light. When I try to reset my Kindle after flashing, the orange light goes out and then comes back on when I release the switch. I'm suspecting hardware failure since the Kindle started to need resets with increasing frequency until it became completely bricked. My Kindle is stuck on a page of a book and never shows up on my computer. Before failing it had been jailbroken and wallpaper hack installed.
Does anyone want free Kindle keyboard brick for spares or closer inspection. I'm close to Amsterdam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeramicHammer View Post
ixtab, you rock. I just read the entire thread but my issue hasn't come up yet. I have a K3 that is unresponsive. The screen is stuck on an advertisement and has been for weeks. I have let the thing charge for a week and no response. I've removed the battery and it's at 3.7V which should be perfect. When I plug into the computer, sometimes it doesn't show up in device manager at all, other times it comes up as "SE blank RINGO". No amount of holding the powerswitch seems to make a difference.

I downloaded Kubrick 2.1 and put it on a USB stick. I boot into Kubrick just fine on multiple computers. I follow the instructions and the USB downloader mode check passes. At the Flashing Kernel prompt after a second or two, the status goes to "Device Ready". Does this mean the Kernel was flashed or that the Kernel is ready to be flashed? After leaving it at the screen for a few minutes, the Flashing Kernel status stays at "device ready" so I just hit next.

At the Flashing Main partition, the status says "Flashing Main partition 0%" and then immediately says "Flashing done". Obviously it isn't done because it is supposed to take hours. Any idea about what my problem is?
Andsetinn is offline   Reply With Quote