View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 04:49 PM   #6
K. Molen
Addict
K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K. Molen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad 3, Nexus 10, Nexus 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by pl001 View Post
It sounds bad, but if you read the part of the article that was snipped out you can see why they are doing this. This is a limited trial for a high demand product. Some guy was trying to sell his pair on eBay and bids were up to $90,000.

So, not so evil after all...
I did read the rest of the article and I don't see why they're doing it. Why is it any business of theirs if I lend the glasses to my friend? If they gave these away (or lent them) for free to beta testers, I could get behind them wanting total control, but since people are buying these I very much think it's "evil" to not allow them to be lent or resold.

As far as I'm concerned, it's none of their business what I do with a product I've bought. Except they're making it their business, so there's not much I can do about it except make angry forum threads and not buy a pair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyGuy View Post
I find this very confusing, Google can't "forbid" you from selling them even if they wanted to. Something doesn't add up here.
Since they're tied in with your Google account they kinda can. Sure, if you sell them and Google ends up banning that unit, whoever bought them technically still have the glasses, but they're not very useful if they've been banned.

Anyway, I'd suggest clicking through and reading the article in its entirety. They do a better job explaining it than I do.

Last edited by K. Molen; 04-18-2013 at 04:52 PM.
K. Molen is offline   Reply With Quote