Thread: Regex examples
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 07:24 PM   #167
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaderRabbit View Post
I have two very basic questions. First about finding straight quotes (") and replacing them with curved opening quotes [A-Z] then the different curved closing quotes using maybe [," or ." or ?" or !"].

And here's why. . . I want to eventually find paragraghs with broken quotes. Paragraphs that have a “ (opening quote) but not a ” (closing quote).

Does this make sense?

So this is a two part question.

Thanks so much . . . I know you brainyachs will have a solution.

I am using Sigil v 0.6.2

Good luck
How do you tell where the missing quote belongs?
"That's nice," she said.
"I'll take it from here."

'Smarty' can handle most straight=>curly conversions, but I don't think it comes with a Ouija board plugin
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote