View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 06:42 PM   #103
MovieBird
TuxSlash
MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: GlowNook
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
When Amazon went international the Kindle was available on every continent, sans Antartica and geo restricted books were available to all. Since then, Amazon has slowly introduced Amazon bookstores for specific countries. Kobo has done a more extensive international roll out but still does not match Amazon.
All of this worries me, as the BN model for delivery of books is the only one I find acceptable out of the major players. I don't do proprietary formats, nor will I purchase books where I need proprietary software (Adobe Reader) to even get the goddamn file. I've given up on DRM, but at least BN will allow me to download a file directly from their website.

With that said, BN won't let me purchase UK books, whereas Amazon will. If I'm reading a British author, I want the UK book without all the localization crap (Philosopher's Stone anyone?). Canadian author, ditto. Amazon make this easy, all I have to do is put in a fake UK address on my credit card and I magically get the edition I want.

Here's the question, does Kobo make it easy to purchase international versions? Are they still fing up their books by running them through a meat grinder, Koboizing them?
MovieBird is offline   Reply With Quote