View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 09:32 PM   #68
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcreative View Post
I have nothing against a little competitive banter but the comments round hear sometimes go way beyond that or do the Admins close threads for a hobby... It doesn't bother me in the way you seem to think I meant, it's just a sad comment on the people concerned that they don't have anything better to than slag someone/something off just because they can...
Some of it what we do is just trolling to see the reactions from the fans. But a serious part to it is Microsoft was very powerful in the 10-15 years ago and because of its closed and proprietary systems held back the internet and innovation on it for a long time. IE6 played a huge part in slowing the growth of the internet. If it wasn't for Mozilla and later Google forcing Microsoft's hand that made them update their browsers and make them more compatible with open standards.
Apple and its closed systems would have done something similar to mobile web actually has done it in part with many mobile websites not following open standard but following Apple standard so that they are compatible with iOS browser but don't display properly on other devices. If apple domination would have continued the only way to browse the web properly would have been using iOS devices which in turn would have taken away people choices
I like Google for this that no matter what else they do they try to build on open standards so anyone using their services or devices are not actually stuck on using them.