View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 12:43 PM   #112
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
meh. either way. I couldn't get it to work. I wasn't criticising the work simply saying it was beyond my abilities to weld in to SDL at present.

which is rather the point for the community as a whole. Whether or not I am a dumbass is an overally moot point that I can happily confirm a positive answer to most days...
I tried to integrate eink into SDL twice so far, with poor results both times. The first time, I could only compile it with no sound (and only black and white with no dither, from before I wrote the "formula 42" stuff). The second time, I could not get a good compile despite significant effort.

Different people have different strengths (and weaknesses). When messing with other people's libraries and stuff, you are a genious compared to me! I struggle with library incompatibilities just doing simple "apt-get install" stuff. I find it MUCH easier to just talk to the bare hardware, than trying to integrate with other people's libraries like SDL.

EDIT: Most of the problem with trying to reuse my GMLIB code is that it evolved over time, and each demo really only uses a SUBSET of it. The different pieces from newtrix and gmplay and raw2gmv all need to be merged together, and then refactored into a linkable library. Plus my new unpublished 32-bit parallel-dither code...

Last edited by geekmaster; 11-16-2012 at 12:50 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote