Thread: Name that book?
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 02:15 PM   #589
Witty Username
Addict
Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kobo Touch, Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Jones View Post
I'm trying to remember the name of a British publisher & book collection that was still available maybe 10-15 years ago when I still lived in the UK. I remember owning Charles Dickens's Dombey & Son and possibly J. Austen's Emma and Pride and Prejudice among others. I believe the collection focused mainly on 18th & 19th century novels. The books were hardcovers but they were somewhat smaller than a standard paperback, less tall & more squarish, if you get my meaning. They were very durable and due to their small size, fine print, and the fact that the paper they used was thinner than the usual stuff (although not quite as thin as the one they use for bibles for instance) you could easily stuff one into a jacket's outside pocket, which made them great for travelling or commuting.

Does anybody know what I'm talking about and if this collection still exists? Now that I live in NY city, I can't just pop into Foyles or the nearest W.H. Smith and have a look or ask questions.

Apologies for the O.T. and if nobody has a clue what I'm talking about.. maybe someone might know of a better place to ask..?

Thanks.
The books could be Reader's Digest World's Best Reading collection. The amazon link below will let you see if the format is as you remember:

Link to Sense and Sensibility as part of the series

Wikipedia lists 142 titles in the series:

Wikipedia article
Witty Username is offline   Reply With Quote