View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 12:13 AM   #19
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeska View Post
The number one area where the Kindle fire fails me is being locked into the Amazon app store. I know there are ways to sideload apps or even use alternative app stores but I do not want to have to hack *my* reader/tablet just to do what I want with it.
You don't have to hack anything on the Kindle Fire to install apps or alternative markets. It's already set up to install non amazon apps. You just enable it in settings. You're not locked into anything with the Kindle Fire. It's just more of a convenience to use Amazon services than others due to the UI.

Epubs can be easily read on the KF by sideloading an eReader app like Mantano or Aldiko. You can even easily put the Nook app on your Fire and buy from B&N if you want. I have Kobo on mine since I accidentally bought a book that is only accessible through their app. No hacking is needed unless you want Google stuff on there. I'm not rooted you just enable the 3rd party apps in settings and install whatever you need.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote