View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 09:06 AM   #65
Andy_T
Evangelist
Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Kindle KB, NT, Fire, PW II
OK, I'm no longer a student, but two considerations:

- what I absolutely NEED to have for my normal work (e.g. writing and reading documents and working with Excel) is a big display. I added a 200$ 24" FullHD Samsung screen for home office use and am totally happy with that over the tiny 1280*800 display of my notebook.

- I bought a used HP Laserjet 4050 some years ago for ~200$ on ebay from an equipment liquidator (they sell off used office equipment), and it is just so much better than any injket printer I have had back when I was a student. Of course, I can not print photos on it, but for text/copy it can not be beat IMO. Also, a LJ 4050 or similar with 50,000 pages printed IMO is much better than a new cheapo home laser printer that will take forever to print a single page and have all manners of limitations (OK, it's big, but so what).

Best regards,
Andy

Last edited by Andy_T; 06-14-2012 at 09:15 AM.
Andy_T is offline   Reply With Quote