View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 04:08 PM   #38
teh603
Autism Spectrum Disorder
teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrosvit View Post
Really? I admit I haven't read any reviews, but I have a tablet that came with Windows 7, and was terrible. I installed the consumer preview of Windows 8 on it, and I like it. It boots in about 8 seconds, and is pretty darn smooth. I admit, however, that I have not really put it through its paces, because I'm too enamored of my new iPad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
Agreed. But that may be the plan...Microsoft may have figured out that the payoff is worth the cannibalizing of the exist PC business model...

After all look how much money/clout Apple currently has...
This. MS sees how Apple has dominated the tablet market, and that Apple has censorship power over the app store. Just have a look at what happened to the "Jew or Not Jew" app. Not that I support said app, but it makes a good example.

Scary part is, people are more accepting of being restricted to an app store now than they were before. All MS has to do is restrict people to using only MS- approved apps, and hey presto, it can now lock people out of using free software and start forcing people to pay for expensive and overblown softwares like Office.

Heaven forbid they find a way to burn it into a computer's ROMs, but that's probably next on the agenda.
teh603 is offline   Reply With Quote