View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 08:54 PM   #7
geenp
Enthusiast
geenp 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.geenp 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.geenp 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.geenp 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.geenp 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.geenp 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.geenp 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.geenp 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.geenp 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.geenp 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.geenp 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: none
Thanks for all the replies.

reader12345, I can't tell if you're being serious about the Kobo. Can you elaborate please?

I don't like how the built in store on the Sony won't be accessible in Australia and the glossy bezel bothers me. I don't have hands on experience so I'll see if I can get to use one first. Thanks for the suggestion

frostschutz, thanks for the comparison, I've actually been looking for one. The screen doesn't bother me anymore but I'm still reluctant to use the bar. I actually do like the idea of a touch screen, all my other devices are touch based so this won't be an issue. Oddly enough I quite liked the thingo on the older Cover Story where it was mounted vertically.

owlman112, is this is a bug? I believe the Kobo was supposed to be able to read ADE epubs, was this something that got broken in the latest update?

HarryT, the speed of the page turns is not an issue. I'm referring to the general interface. It's just something I get really fussy about when it comes to any piece of tech.

Yes, the Kindle 4 ships here and it is sold in brick and mortar shops but I am reluctant to get one after seeing how easy stuff like the dictionary and notes is on the touch models, especially when compared to the Kindle Touch. If I did get a Kindle it would be the Touch or maaaybe the Kindle 3 for the keyboard.
geenp is offline   Reply With Quote