Thread: ISBN question
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 04:57 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
I don't know what to think, since I've read elsewhere that others use the same ISBN for print and ebook versions.

Could you refer me to a ruling somewhere please?
The idea is that an ISBN should refer to a specific "format" of your book. If you order a paperback book via an ISBN, you wouldn't want to receive an eBook or a hardback. For that same reason, my personal view is that an author should use a different ISBN for each different eBook format, but some would disagree with this.

At the end of the day, though, it's down to the book producer, but think of what the potential reader is going to use the ISBN for: to search for your book.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote