Thread: Sony or Nook?
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 08:51 AM   #76
faithbw
Guru
faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Mini 2
Thanks for all the advice everyone! So I decided to get a Nook since it's cheaper than the Sonys and still does what I want it to do (allow me to read library books on no glare e-ink screen). I need to save money. I actually got a Nook and a nice Jack Spade cover that was 75% off for the same price of the Sony 350.

I sideloaded an epub from Mobileread as well as a library book. Now that I have been playing around with the Nook, I like it a lot. It's a little heavier than the Sonys or even the Kindle (I played with one in Target yesterday) but it works well. The touchscreen hasn't given me any issues. It's intuitive to use. It's easy to read in bed and much easier to read than a paperback. In other words, I love it! In the future when I get more money (hopefully), I'll get a Sony (because they are truly great machines) but I am enjoying the NOOK right now. It's great!

Last edited by faithbw; 03-24-2011 at 08:58 AM.
faithbw is offline   Reply With Quote