View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 10:27 AM   #11
madsquabbles
Groupie
madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: samsung 8.9, galaxy note 10.1, galaxy note 2, nook hd+, ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liviu_5 View Post
Great to know; thanks!
will use my own regular cable then for books and keep the Nook one in the charger for when i need that
i don't think anyone's done a full breakdown of the cable yet, but my suspicion is that the extra pins in the cable are only to read the charge level so that it displays the correct led color so you know when your nook is fully charged.

any cable can be used but without checking in on your device you'll have no idea if it's completely charged. now to get a fast charge you'll need a 9.8watt or 10watt adapters (which will be easier to find since ipads use 10watt).

i've been using a standard micro usb cable and a panasonic 10watt adapter with no problems.
madsquabbles is offline   Reply With Quote