Thread: DR800 Some FBReader questions
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 03:59 PM   #2
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Hi eKalamos,

W.r.t. your questions:
1) This is still some point on which Iņigo and I need to align. There currently is a DR800 and a DR1000 version. The main difference is that the DR1000 version appears in a tab like the build-in applications do. You could try the DR1000 version, but I am not sure how 'compatible' both versions are w.r.t. storage of configuration settings.

2) The application that is involved to start the correct viewer (like uds or FBReader) is called ctb. The code of this application is published, it only has hardcoded settings for folders and shortcuts, all other filetypes are configurable via gconf. So it should be possible to remove/change the link between .epub and uds. Something like:
Code:
gconftool-2 --type string --set /apps/er/sys/ctb/filetypes/doc-epub/viewer_cmd "/media/mmcblk0p1/Programs/_fbreader/bin/FBReader"
and revert back with:
Code:
gconftool-2 --type string --set /apps/er/sys/ctb/filetypes/doc-epub/viewer_cmd "uds"
I am a little fuzzy here on purpose, because I am not really sure what the effect will be, and if it will indeed be easy to revert back to the original setting. So use at your own risk
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote