View Single Post
Old 07-27-2006, 01:02 PM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Is e-ink really a better display than my Treo?

Believe me, I'm not posting this to cause trouble. But while reading on my Treo 700p, I noticed the crispness of the display, and the nice white background on my device.

I understand that the Treo will never compete with an e-ink reader because of screen size. Nor will it compete for viewing in direct sunlight. But it does have a distinct advantage in the dark because of the backlight, and page turns are very responsive.

So when I look at how nice the Treo display is, I have to ask the question... Is e-ink really any nicer than a really good LCD display like the one on my Treo 700p? I'm using a bold sans serif regular size font, which allows 13 lines of text on the screen. But like I said, it's really sharp looking. I'm thinking that e-ink may give more resolution, but won't look at white in the background, nor have that nice contrast and "easy to look at" feel.

Anyone have experience with both e-ink and a Treo 650 or Treo 700p?
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote