View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 08:40 PM   #33
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaire1 View Post
This reminds me of the story of Digital Audio Tape (DAT). It was a format that could have been an excellent replacement for the compact cassette, just like CD was the replacement for the LP and 45. Unfortunately, it ended up being killed by industry forces and by advancing technology (recordable CDs soon became practical).
Thanks. I've been wracking my brain for a similar technology to the ereader which fit the small town "if you blink, you miss it" analogy, and DAT is the one I couldn't come up with.

I sincerely hope e-ink does not end up being the DAT of ereader technology, but it would be okay as long as whatever replaced it was just as good -- not just a "boy that's pretty cool" replacement.
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote