View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 12:31 AM   #6
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Just a heads-up that J&R has another "Open Box" JetBook Mini on sale for $26.50.

I find Ectaco's description of the Mini to be a bit over the top. They claim a long list of file compatibility -- EPUB, MOBI, PRC, etc. -- but in the fine print they point out that all of these files must be converted either to TXT or FB2 using Calibre. I convert to TXT and I'm happy.

I bought my Mini as an ereader to take with me on vacations, etc. Its bright colors make it look a bit like a toy, so I'm not as concerned that it would attract the attention of ... unsavory characters. Mine is Lime Green, the currently available one is Royal Blue. I don't know for a fact, but I'd be very surprised if there was more than one available.

J&R's policy on Open Box items is here:

http://www.jr.com/information/pop_sh...lp.jsp#openBox

The Mini is here:

http://www.jr.com/ectaco/pe/ECT_JBOOKMINIBB/

EDIT: They also have an Open Box JetBook Lite available for $41.50, but I think NewEgg still has new JetBook Lites available for $57, and for a price that's so close I think I'd rather go for the new one.

Last edited by cromag; 09-26-2013 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Mentioned the JetBook Lite
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote