View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 11:36 AM   #14
Corkobo
Zealot
Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleStar View Post
I've been wanting to try the Discworld books for years, but geesh, there's so many! I wouldn't know where to begin.
As jgaiser wrote, you could pick up any book just to see how you like the style.
The first Discworld book I read was "The Fifth Elephant".

I'm sure each fan of the Discworld books have their own favourite(s) (if I'd be pushed to chose just 1 book it would probably be "The Night Watch") but I would recommend you start with "Guards! Guards!" and go on from there with the whole "Watch" series.

For me "The Watch" series is way above the other ones.
After this comes the "Witches" series.
Special mention outside of the "Watch" series would be for "Thief of Time", "The Truth" and especially "The Monstrous Regiment".
Corkobo is offline   Reply With Quote