View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 02:54 PM   #79
Leyor
Ninja Librarian
Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leyor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Cybook 3. gen, Sony T1, Kindle Paperwhite
I think some of the main arguments here are wheter:

A) Sony is pulling out of their retail channels in the US. Their recent clearance sales, plus anecdotial evidence posted on this forum supports this. Some of the forum members have called retail stores to confirm this. Do we have any additional information?

B) Their accessories are being discontinued. Well simple observation on their website confirms this. Additional anecdotial evidence on this forum confirms it, I for one couldnt buy a proper cover for my 950.

C) They arent supporting their product with firmware upgrades and fixes. Well they've released 1 update.

Does the above indicate that Sony are discontinuing their readers? Not nescessarily.
However since this thread does invite speculation and guessing about the future, it's hard not to draw conclusions when we see the level of attention other products are getting, and the above signs from Sony.
Leyor is offline   Reply With Quote