View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 03:55 AM   #13
Andanzas
Out of print
Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (recycled), Pocketbook Inkpad X Pro
And these are not even critical editions, are they? I see no indication of that. Wow, these prices really suck.

At least they are offering the Snopes trilogy (one of his best works) for an almost decent price. $15 bucks for three great novels makes sense. But $10 for novels like Pylon...

For anyone who is interested in Faulkner but find him too intimidating, I would suggest starting with Light in August. It's a wonderful book, one of his very best, and is more accessible that other novels of his. Actually, I would avoid his most famous title, The Sound and the Fury, at first. Its first chapter can be as frustrating as a puzzle with missing pieces, so it's not a great invitation to read his other books. At least that was my case: I read it when I was a teenager and didn't give Faulkner a second chance until more than 10 years later.
Andanzas is offline   Reply With Quote