View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 04:50 PM   #9
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Agreed... Amazon should have put a lot a lot a lot more effort into an attractive design. (It sometimes leads me to suspect that Amazon does not seriously plan to make the Kindle part of its long-term e-book plans... or that this was just a proof-of-concept to get other companies involved in making Amazon-compatible readers.)
I actually think that design was deliberate. I would expect a generic design to look more like the Cybook. To me, that looks like a prototype on the outside. I think they were going for something conceptual here and missed the mark. I think they wanted it to look like pages. That seems to be what Bezos was saying.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote