View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 07:53 PM   #29
Mathew Reuther
SpecFic Writer
Mathew Reuther can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Mathew Reuther can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Mathew Reuther can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Mathew Reuther can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Mathew Reuther can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Mathew Reuther can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Mathew Reuther can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Mathew Reuther can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Mathew Reuther can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Mathew Reuther can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Mathew Reuther can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire, Nook, HTC One M8
Susan, if that were the case, you would think that Amazon would document it, or at least know it to respond to support requests. But since they did not seem to have any issue with the process I described, and since their documentation does not indicate that a specific file type is required in order to upload embedded fonts, I am not really seeing how it would be the case.

But, that said, if you'd care to tell me how to convert .epub to .azw3 I will upload one to KDP and see if it works. I did say I welcomed all suggestions, and I will test them.

[EDIT]

I converted via Calibre and uploaded the file to KDP. The following message was displayed:

Unsupported file format!

Your file is in an unsupported format. Please save your file in one of our supported formats and upload again. Refer to our formatting guide for more information.

A quick look at their supported formats:

Word (DOC or DOCX)
HTML (ZIP, HTM, or HTML)
ePub (EPUB)
Plain Text (TXT)
Rich Text Format (RTF)
Adobe PDF (PDF)

And, of course, they accept .mobi, though they do not list it.

Last edited by Mathew Reuther; 07-19-2013 at 08:07 PM.
Mathew Reuther is offline   Reply With Quote