View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 11:20 AM   #1
mands
mands began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Mini
Marvin 3 Crashing on Start Up - UPDATE

Hi guys!

I've been trying to switch over from the original Marvin app to Marvin 3 but every time I try to make the switch I run into the same problem, and I have been unable to find the answer elsewhere online.

I am able to send & restore my back up from Marvin to Marvin 3 and am able to start looking at general settings and customizing the side bar before Marvin 3 starts crashing. Every time I open it, it crashes within 1-2 seconds before the library can even load. I would really love to figure out how to fix this because I love Marvin so much I want to be up to date - especially now that it looks like the classic marvin might not be getting a dropbox compatible update.

I started with the paid version of the original app but am hesitant to pay for the full version of the new one if I can't even get the free download to work.

Anyone have any advice? I'd love to transfer my stuff over instead of starting all over from scratch so that it saves all my information and progress/etc....

Thank you so much for your time and assistance!

EDIT -
Decided to start from scratch and I'm still having the same problem! Not sure if Marvin just can't handle all my books (but the previous version, classic, could do so without any issue) because I can use the app with just one book downloaded. Haven't tested just how many books I can download before the app starts crashing... but this is frustrating! Full details in my reply below.

Last edited by mands; 12-01-2017 at 05:50 PM.
mands is offline   Reply With Quote