View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009, 09:21 PM   #19
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Time, mainly, and of course Dan Brown. I always believed that writing was the noble art of communication, much more than just entertainment, more than something to pass time or deaden the nerves against our realities. But I fear that I'm in the minority with that belief when writers such as Dan Brown exist in the eco-system, so I'm not going to waste mine, or anybody else's time with my stories (apart from those who want to read them in the interim).

I really wish I hadn't seen that women, laden with Dan Brown novels in the book shop now. I'm so easily influenced by everything
Let it influence you the other way then! Prove that not everyone is writing opium for the masses, to borrow a phrase You're certainly not wasting anyone else's time by putting good stories out to read (only you can decide if you're wasting your own time)

Some people will always want something to take their mind off the day to day realities. But some people want more. And maybe, just maybe, one of the people buying Dan Brown will be tempted to read something a little harder and more esoteric such as Umberto Eco's Foucault's Pendulum. Or go on to research some of the mangled background to his books (no, I'm not a fan. Yes, I have read some of his books.).
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote