View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 03:36 PM   #69
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
If you are unfamiliar with her, all of Yoshimoto's work deals with grief on some level. In every single book someone has died in some way. They are all exceptionally different, and all exceptional as works of Japanese literature. It is definitely my favorite style and it is always different from Western writing.
Yoshimoto was entirely new to me. Which would you say is your favorite book of hers? It would be interesting to follow up Kitchen with a later work (I think Kitchen and the additional novella, Moonlight Shadow, were her first?)
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote