Thread: KOBO Rocks!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 01:04 PM   #269
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Line height unless set with absolute units is just a number. Setting line height to 1.1 or 110% sets the line height relative to the current font size and does not need a unit. Adding em doesn't hurt but neither does it do anything worthwhile.

And yes, since em is a relative measurement after all -- 1 em for a 28 point type is different from 1 em for a 6 point type. The numbers used by Kobo seem to have little to do with any real world measurement hence my measuring with a caliper and matching the displayed sizes.

Regards,
David
In my testing, when I increase the font size, the line-height stays the same relative to the font size.

Doing it your way of using a fixed value, when I increased the font size, the lines overlapped. em is the best value to use.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote