View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 12:22 PM   #7
ekaser
Opinion Artiste
ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh603 View Post
This part right here is going to kill it. No publisher in their right mind is going to give permission to include their ebooks in such a project, and all they have to do is just keep stringing out US copyright length until the project dies.
While I agree that copyright length is already WAY too long, and IS a problem, I disagree that they will be ABLE to "keep stringing out US copyright length" in the future. The last time it was extended was in 1998 when the internet was still in its infancy. I don't believe that will ever happen again. Look at what happened with CISPA and PIPA last year. Congress gets away with a LOT of crap, but when something comes up that strikes at the hearts of LOTS of internet users... enough people screaming about something can even set slimeball politicians back on their heels. I'm not saying it's impossible for them to extend copyrights any further, but it's going to be MUCH MUCH harder in the future than it was in the past!
ekaser is offline   Reply With Quote