View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 07:38 AM   #8
Koudijs
OpenBOOX developer
Koudijs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Koudijs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Koudijs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Koudijs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Koudijs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Koudijs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Koudijs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Koudijs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Koudijs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Koudijs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Koudijs knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: BeBook Neo
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodomo View Post
I agree that porting OpenBOOX to the M92 should be not too much work per se.
The thing I'm not sure about (and that's the reason why I'm first trying to poke Onyx, as it seems a completely different order of magnitude in work to me) is annotation support. I gather that the A60 does not support annotations(?), and guess that this is still missing in OpenBOOX(?) - which I assume to be quite some work to be done.
The A60 supports annotations and scribbles but since it is using an older firmware version compared to the M92 the export functions are not available. OpenBOOX has the same level of annotation support as the official firmware version it is based on (1.5.1 at this moment).

Quote:
Some of the annotation support stuff may even be connected to the Adobe reader(?). (btw. I'd need to check on whether I can find that one in the file system, or whether it's part of the missing components... does OpenBOOX include them?)
The Adobe reader is called naboo_reader, you can find it in /opt/onyx/arm/bin

Quote:
If we'd have sufficient folks working on that, it might be a real option.
I have to admit that GUI programming is neither my forte nor my real interest. I always considered it more of a nuisance than fun when I had to deal with it. :P
It is mine neighter, e.g. instead of developing a dialog to enter date and time I integrated an ntp client to get the date and time from the internet
And, to be honest, the new GUI is the first Qt application I develop.

Quote:
Maybe we should open a thread to discuss the work that'd have to be done to port/extend OpenBOOX?
For OpenBOOX development discussions I propose to use the forum on BooxUsers.com to avoid scattering of information. Feel free to open a thread over there.
Koudijs is offline   Reply With Quote