View Single Post
Old 05-29-2017, 03:08 PM   #5
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Irrelevant. Besides ... the OP mentioned there was a calibre conversion involved. Stick to the topic.
Like he said. I could post the original css but no point really.
To re summarise the questions.
Is there a simpler way to get a two column "table " without actually coding it as a table, since the moon reader handles that so badly

And is there a simple way to regex away all the table stuff as a crude workaround

I am more interested in using this as a case study for how it could have been done better, or differently
If i study what is missing, I can see that moon is miscalculating how many characters there is room for. So, making up some example numbers, it computes that there is room for say twenty characters, but actually there is only room for fifteen. So it wraps at twenty one, I get the last bit of text, but I lose some in the middle.

Bookari gets all the characters onto the screen ok, but does not align the row tops across both columns, probably because there is an align middle stated or implied in the code

I know I can fix it very crudely by copying book view into notepad, then pasting it back as a new text page. That will destroy all the styling. But I would rather learn a more subtle approach.

There was a similar table I had trouble with a while back. In that instance I had taken some web page pc game guide stuff, for game item attributes, and saved as html then converted to epub, ending up with troublesome tables. In that instance I eventually manually deleted all of the table formatting.

Last edited by stumped; 05-29-2017 at 03:13 PM.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote