View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 05:30 AM   #12
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
My point really was that AMOLED does not emit light for black. Where as a backlit screen even has black lights up the room. And because of this you can really dim down the screen for an AMOLED screen.

Yeah I'm not sure I'm buying that argument. The biggest discomfort I've ever experience was reading my SONY/Kindle2 at night. The glare from the reflected light was so bad I eventually abandoned reading eInk at night. Now I read on my Samsung or nook and much prefer it.

It doesn't emit light for black, yes. That is what I read and what, supposedly, is responsible for reduced power consumption,

Well, let us not get into the old "backlit vs reflective" debate. Seems to be a matter of personal preference. My point being, for those that are not comfortable reading on LCDs, they won't be much better off using AMOLED screens (perhaps a little bit). If you are fine with LCDs in the first place, then an AMOLED screen will probably be even better for you.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote