View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 09:53 PM   #53
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Is this purely done in spoken English, or would you use it in a formal context in written English, too? Just curious as to whether it is regarded as a local "dialect", or has come to be considered grammatically correct English.

I completely agree with you about the evolution of the language, by the way.

I agree with anamardoll, I see it in written communication all the time, if the piece is informal enough to allow contractions, then y'all can show up. I would never use it in my grad school papers or any other contraction unless I was TRYING for a bad grade.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote